Academy Nomination Application for Class of 2027
Deadline: Friday, October 14, 2022
Congratulations! You have decided to apply to a US Service Academy to further your education and serve your country. We know that if you are taking this step, you are dedicated to excelling in academics, volunteer work, and physical fitness. My office is honored to consider your application for an official nomination to the Class of 2027.
To be considered for one of our nominations, you must first submit an online application, which can be found here. Once you have submitted your application, you will receive an email confirmation. Next you will need to submit three copies of the required documents listed below. Your application and required documents are due no later than Friday, October 14, 2022, at 5:00 p.m. (Central Time). Information will not be accepted after 5:00 p.m. (Central Time) on October 14, 2022. Applicants must be seniors in high school or have graduated high school.
The required documents must be submitted in hard copy format and mailed through the US Postal Service to Senator Lankford’s office: 401 South Boston Avenue, Suite 2150, Tulsa, OK 74103. The documents must be received in one envelope by the October 14, 2022, deadline to qualify for an interview.
A completed application will include:
- Three (3) copies of your typed (not handwritten) essayof 500 words or less on why you would like to be nominated by Senator Lankford to attend a US Service Academy.
- Three (3) passport-sized photographs with your name printed in permanent marker on the back of each photograph.
- Three (3) copies of your high school and/or college transcript(s).
- ACT and/or SAT scores: You may elect to send your ACT/SAT results directly to Senator Lankford’s Tulsa office when you take your exam, or,
- Submit three (3) copies of your test scores with your packet, or,
- If you do not have your test results, the office will use the ACT/SAT scores posted on your high school transcript. (We understand that some testing may be delayed due to COVID-19. The office will accept scores until December 1, 2022, to accommodate any delay in results.)
- Three (3) letters of recommendation: Ask three different, non-family references to write a letter of recommendation on your behalf. Provide three (3) copies of each person’s letter of recommendation in your completed packet. Please do not send them separately or have the letters sent separately. Include these letters in your final packet.
Once we received your completed packet, we will confirm receipt.
Interviews are conducted by a panel of three individuals who have served in or are currently serving in the US military and who are familiar with the US service academies.
Interview dates: Once the submission deadline has passed, you will be notified by email of the date and time of your interview. You can expect the interview process to take place in November 2022.
For more information on the nomination process, please call Joshua Sharum at our Tulsa office at 918-581-7651.